Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reading List for 2010

About two weeks ago, I made a reading list for the very first time! I’m a little embarrassed to admit that but I’ve never ADORED reading. I enjoy it but will rarely make time for it. Well, since disconnecting our cable last week, I’ve discovered the perfect time to read…in the evenings after Bri is in bed. So far, it has worked out extremely well, considering I’ve already read one of the books on my list and am working on my second.

Here is what I hope to read in 2010. I’m especially looking forward to reading # 7-9, which I found on Life as Mom.

1. Greatest Secrets of the Coupon Mom, by Stephanie Nelson
2. Reunion, by Karen Kingsbury
3. The Great Eight: How to Be Happy (Even When You Have Every Reason to be Miserable) by Scott Hamilton
4. The Principle of the Path, by Andy Stanley
5. Stop Acting Rich, by Thomas J. Stanley
6. The Millionaire Next Door, by Thomas J Stanley and William D. Danko
7. The Hidden Art of Homemaking, by Edith Schaeffer
8. The Complete Tightwad Gazette, by Amy Dacyczyn
9. The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home, by Susan Wise Bauer, Jessie Wise
10. Raising Kids for True Greatness: Redefine Success for You and Your Child, by Tim Kimmel
11. A Life That Says Welcome: Simple Ways to Open Your Heart & Home to Others, by Karen Ehman
12. The New Dare to Discipline, by Dr. James Dobson

By the way, if you have a favorite book or author, let me know because I’d love to either add to this year’s reading list or start 2011’s list! I have a terrible time randomly picking something to read and love suggestions from others.

3 comments:

  1. Good list. You know I will recommend books to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything by Kimmel. Doug used #7 to ask me to marry him. Yes, I was surprised. It was pretty typical for him to hand me a book he thought I should read. Beautiful poem by him was inside the front cover ... then the question! Not sure I've read the book entirely tho, but I liked what I read. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've missed you at M&M! One of the BEST books I've ever read is Lord I Want to be WHole, by Stormie Omartian. It's all about overcoming the past and moving forward into who God wants you to be. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete