Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Crafty, Crafty

I love doing crafty projects because I like having something to keep my hands busy. I don’t often come up with crafty ideas myself, but I love to replicate what others have made. Knitting is a hobby which permits me to do just that. I started knitting last year (or was it year before last?) but didn’t have much time to pursue it while adjusting to life as a mommy. I picked it up again a few months ago and have fallen in love with it! It’s crafty, keeps my hands busy and the end result is pretty and functional.

This is Emmersen's baby blanket and below is her matching baby hat. I'm actually knitting another one in hot pink, but am not finished with it yet.


Another crafty project I tackled this week was making a "pretty envelope system." I got the idea here and loved it, since we are also following Dave Ramsey's cash envelope system. I improvised on her design a little since I made this project with supplies I already had on hand. I was happy with the result for a first time effort :)



There are several other envelopes and categories but I won't bore you by posting all of them ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I totally want to hire you to make something for Hall and Natalie's baby (hopefully, it's a girl so it can be super adorably girly ;).I love the envelope system - so much cuter than mine! =)I love your goals for the year. I'm trying to energize myself to keep us more in check spending wise as well. Trying to get those new windows saved for...then to the car fund. A/C - check, Furnace - check, roof - check, hot water heater - check,....always something!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you shared your envelope templates. They are adorable. If you are interested in knitting little hats just to keep busy, Children's Hospital has a program where you can knit and donate them for the newborns.

    ReplyDelete