Monday, February 28, 2011

Mission Accomplished!!!

So, this may not be a big deal to anyone else but I am thrilled to announce that last Friday, February 25, we paid off our van!!  Nick and I set a goal at the beginning of 2010 to pay our loan off early…three and a half years early.  We realistically knew we were unable to do so in one year, but did our best and ended up paying it off in 14 months instead of 12!!! WooHoo!!!

I am so thankful the Lord allowed us to achieve such a huge financial goal. A few months ago, a friend pointed out that God’s grace and provision are what truly allow us to be free from the burden of debt.  Yes, we have to work hard and make sacrifices, but so many things could have occurred in the past 14 months to divert our finances.  God allowed our circumstances to remain stable, enabling us to pursue the goal of being debt free.  That concept impacted my heart and changed how I viewed the whole process of getting out of debt.  Now, when an unexpected circumstance creates a kink in our budget, I remember God is allowing it and will faithfully provide for our needs (Matthew 6). 

Another goal I set in 2010 was to read 12 books.   I flopped…BIG TIME!! I think I only read two books all year.  I’m still trying to decide if I want to give it a go again this year or wait until my girls are a little older.  So, if you are a mother with toddlers/infants and you have time to read, please share how you fit that into your life. I’d love to know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment